Beyond Yardwork: 5 Gardener’s Tools
May 11, 2010 § 1 Comment
So, just between me and anyone where finds their way here, my inner girly-girl is annoyed by my new gardening hobby. Gardening has forced me to change a few of my beauty habits. Every week, I think longingly about a mani/pedi and then I ask myself ‘why get a professional manicure, when it will take 5 minutes of digging to undo it?’ Very practical, if I do say so myself. Instead, I keep the follow must-have around to counteract the ravages of gardening:
- Sunscreen. Go for as high as SPF as possible to protect against sunburn and wrinkling. Try wearing it every day, weather you’re in the garden or not. Don’t forget your behind ears or your hands if you are gardening. My favs are Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 70 and Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion SPF 110.
- Nail brush. To get all the grime out from under your nails. If you’re like me, at some point gloves become more a hinderance when gardening and off they fly. I imagine a toothbrush would work in a pinch (provided you don’t
- Hand cream. Even if you wear gloves 100% of the time, gardening often makes your hands chapped and dry, so use a rich hand cream to counteract it. Aveda’s Hand Relief is great.
- A place to relax. It seems to me that every gardener deserves a spot from which to enjoy the results of all that hard word. I’m wishing I could upgrade my plastic lawn chairs to something from Ikea’s affordable outdoor furniture collection.
- A cool drink. Aren’t you thirsty after all your hard work? I always am and thought I’d share my favorite new treat- Dry Soda.